Friday 27 January 2012

The Newsletter

Greetings all and Happy New Year!

So in the last 2 weeks we have been working diligently on our upcoming newsletter - to be launched February 6, 2012!! 

I thought I would share the story on how the newsletter originated.

Way back in the summer when we were working with our web-designer, we knew instinctively that we wanted to have a way to communicate with our customers and followers so we included a "Sign up for our Newsletter" button on the homepage.  What we underestimated, was how many subscribers there would be so quickly; the "newsletter" idea was one that we kicked around but really thought it would be a late 2012 initiative. 

While at a party for a friend this fall we were chatting away about how exciting our business is, how much we've learned and just laughing with close friends about all of our "learning's" thus far - trust me there have been many.  A friend of ours pipes up "Hey ladies, hows the business going?  When is the newsletter coming out - I signed up a long time ago and haven't heard anything?"  Candace and I instantly look at each other with the deer in the headlights look.....Newsletter????  What Newsletter?? You see, at this point we are knee deep in Christmas plans and hadn't even thought about the newsletter.  So I came home that night and did a little digging - if a friend has signed up for this, how many others had signed up?  And where did their contact information go?  I had no idea.  Upon searching, and searching - I am by no means technologically inclined; I found what I was looking for.  On November 17, 2011 we had 180 people already subscribe to a newsletter that did not exist.  Holy Crap, I thought!  We have a lot of work to do.  We do not want to disappoint these people.

So since then, we have created the concept for what I believe is going to be and EPIC (yes I just used that word) newsletter experience!

We are featuring local food writer and enthusiast Amy-Jo Ehman, author of Prairie Feast http://www.prairiefeast.com/; Recipes by Chef Jenny http://www.newgroundcafe.com/, of New Ground Cafe in Birch Hills and an exciting contest with hopes of engaging the inner cooks in all of our readership!

If you haven't already subscribed, please follow this link to our homepage and scroll to the "join our newsletter" button! http://www.saskmade.ca/  We look forward to knocking your socks off on February 6 - stay tuned! 
Cheers,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment